Saturday, May 06, 2006

Banned Music

bannedmusic.org is, well, let me quote them:
Bannedmusic.org is a peer-to-peer collaboration that makes it impossible for the major record labels to ban or censor musical works. When record labels send legal threats to musicians, record stores, or websites, we will post the music here for download and publicize the censorship attempt. There is a clear fair use right to distribute this music, and for the public to decide whether current copyright law is serving musicians and the public, they need to be able to hear what's being suppressed.


At this moment they only have four albums, Hippocamp Ruins Pet Sounds by Various, The Double Black Album by Cheap Cologne (A mix of Jay-Z's Black album and Metallica's Black album*), The Grey Album by DJ Danger Mouse (A mix of Jay-Z's Black album and the Beatles White album), Illegal Art Compilation by Stay Free Magazine.

The first three are available by BitTorrent, and the last you have to click each song individually.

* (political rambling) I vowed never to listen to Metallica again after they made big anti-Napster noises, since they clearly don't want me listening to their music. I'm not sure how I feel about remixes, but I imagine they don't want me to listen to this either. I haven't.

3 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The link to Banned Music doesn't work.

Hi Stanza!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Stanza said...

Seems to work for me. I tried from various computers. Did you get lucky timing it when the computer rebooted? Or are the torrents down? Admittedly I have not tried the torrents lately but they worked last time I checked.

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worked for me last night around 8pm est.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home